Did you like how we did? Rate your experience!



46 votes

My husband left after a 47.5-year marriage.?

If you live in Georgia, you can file for divorce there. I recommend you consult a divorce attorney as soon as possible, since there can be mutual responsibility for any further debts which accumulate while you're still legally married and no divorce action has been filed. All the marital assets and debts are assessed prior to determining who gets what. It's easier to try to work out a mutually agreeable solution with your soon to be ex spouse than to fight about it while you're each paying attorneys severeI hundred dollars per hour to negotiate on your behalf. Some assets such as retirement accounts are required by law to be divided certain ways. Please consult a local attorney who specializes in divorce actions.

Loading, please wait...